I have been waiting for this part of my trip ever since my visa got approved! It has been 7+ years since I last went to IKEA in Elizabeth, New Jersey. I don’t think I even had their famous Swedish Meatballs that last time. Weeks before my trip, I have been browsing through IKEA’s online catalog and listing down items in two categories: NEED and WANT. The stuff under NEED are most the things I’ve been itching to order from resellers in Manila, but they are priced almost twice there, so I haven’t gotten anything aside from the floor lamp I got from a groupon site. Stuff under WANT is mostly kids toys that I can maybe get in Manila and some knick knacks that are just nice to have when you need them. Anyway, you’ll see everything I got on my IKEA haul video that’s already up on our channel too. Go watch DAY 2 now!

1. I remember going to Ikea in Singapore and in Shanghai. Then in Bangkok, when we saw a poster of Ikea and its location, we instantly headed there only to find out that it was still set to open three months later. When will they open one in the Philippines?

• Mommy Roxi says:

I really don’t think it would be in the next 2-5 years? Retail giants, especially those that sell home furnishings just might block IKEA from entering at all. Imagine their sales going down and IKEA going up!

2. Bhushavali says:

Going to your Channel right now.. Ikea stuff are so simple & elegant & functional, aren’t they?!!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun there! I hear a lot of “Oh my god” haha, that’s just plain adorable. I would die in IKEA heaven too.

4. Shivansh says:

IKEA is my favorite place! 😛

It’s definitely would be a fine time shopping and eating at IKEA. They got a lot of good stuff there,

6. I love to go to IKEA – sometimes to shop and sometimes just to browse! It has some cute, little and affordable ideas.

I have only been to the Ikea store in Bangkok MegaBangna and we were all awed at the sheer size of the place and the variety of stuff inside. Admittedly though, my wife enjoyed going around it more than I did though. Hehe.

8. Pooja Kawatra says:

Well! Sometime me too just go to IKEA only to see anything new coming up. Even though i dont have to buy anything.

9. I love IKEA and will spent hours and hours browsing and admire all the chic furniture. Too many wishes when I am there, hope that I can bring all back to my house.

10. Cheryl F. says:

Wow, I would love to visit such place where I can save a lot. Resellers here are a bit pricey. Taking advantage maybe?

11. Amanda Love says:

Oh my goodness. IKEA is my go to store, as a matter of fact, my home is 80% IKEA. You can find me there at least 3 times a month and my 4yr old just LOVES their meatballs. It’s what she wants whenever we go.

12. Tiffany Yong says:

IKEA will be the last place I go crazy, unless I am
    1) a mum
    2) moving house
    3) a mum and moving house
    hahaha… which means, one day I will!

13. George Felix says:

Waiting for the video!
    I hope you have a ball of a time!
    Cheers!

14. Your video made me laugh a lot because you really were happy inside IKEA. from shopping to eating, you really had a great time.

15. Arisa says:

Looks like you had so much fun in Ikea, then one in my country is relatively small and tons of stuff not available here sadly. Makes me want to visit the one in Jersey too!

16. Erica says:

No matter how cheap Ikea products seem, they really are convenient though. And plus the variety they have is endless!!

17. Loredana says:

I’m so happy to see that you had a great time! And yes, it’s the little things that make us happy! I hope you won’t have to wait another 7 years until your next visit to IKEA:)