I get so overwhelmed when I go through the make-up section at the mall or at a make-up store. I just don’t know where to start! I swear! I just go in, look around, and go out. I was always so afraid to ask questions ‘coz in my head I’m thinking, “I’m a girl! I should know these things!”. But I don’t! As in ZERO. My pathetic ‘make-up kit’ has three things: my Happy Skin SS Cream, Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me in Honeymoon Glow and my K-Palette Long Lasting Eyebrow Pencil. So I was thrilled to be selected as one of the participants at Topaz Horizon’s make-up workshop last month in collaboration with Bobbi Brown. I’ll let the vlog for that day do the ‘talking’ since I also watch it whenever I put on make-up. I’m aiming to get that Bobbi Brown’s Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brown Pencil very soon! I love, love, love it! It was what Tamara Pineda used on me on the video. So easy to use and it lasts talaga. For someone like me who basically sweats away make-up so easily, it stayed on ’til I had to shower past midnight that day (we went to a party pa!).

Make-Up Lessons at Bobbi Brown Mega Mall

Make-Up Lessons at Bobbi Brown Mega Mall

Super important tips what I learned at the Topaz Horizon x Bobbi Brown “Make-Up For Girls With Glasses” Workshop:

1. Super important to start of with a corrector for your eyes before a concealer. Anything you put on top of the corrector will last longer compared to when you put make-up over concealer.
  2. Never use concealer on your eyelids!
  3. You don’t need to wear a lot or bright make-up just to make your eyes pop from behind your glasses. DEFINING is key!
  4. When choosing an eye shadow palette, get one that you can use everyday. That way, you know exactly how it will look on you and putting on make-up will be a lot quicker since you know what works.
  5. PLACE A MIRROR UNDER YOUR CHIN/FACE TO MAKE PUTTING ON EYELINER ON YOUR EYE LIDS EASIER. — GOSH THIS WAS A LIFE-CHANGING TIP FOR ME!
  6. Never use BLACK EYEBROW PENCIL or POWDER. Just. Don’t.
  7. When applying eyebrow make-up, brush first, make sure everything is pantay so when your eye brows (for some reason) gets wet or messed up, you won’t have hair popping out of the make-up you put on.
  8. Don’t be afraid of make-up!
  9. You don’t need to put so much product on your face to enhance your features. You just need the RIGHT ONES.
  10. Bobbi Brown offers free short classes/tips at their branch in Mega Mall! No purchase necessary for most of them!

Thank you so much Frances for this super informative workshop! Praying more opportunities and ultimate success for your Topaz Horizon Workshop venture! Love you! You can follow Frances’ blogs at Topaz Horizon and Mommy Topaz.

Here’s the vlog! Excuse my pimple-y face. LOL. Enjoy!

I could use a make-up tutorial! I don’t put on make-up, I normally just use an eyeliner and a lipstick and that’s it.

2. I always see this around but then I need to learn how to put proper make up. I love the wide range of color selection though

3. I love how cool Bobbi Brown is. This seems like such a fun event to learn new makeup tricks! 😀

4. Anne V says:

Ooooh, a make up workshop. I so need this since I’m attending a formal event on December and I have to wear make up! I just need a good quality all natural organic cosmetic line since I have sensitive skin. 🙂

My wife does not like putting on makeup. She does not have a big case of colors like that. She hardly puts blush on her cheeks or any eye makeup.

6. Loredana says:

I admit I wear make-up every day. Not a lot. A bit of a crayon for my eyes, maybe some colours as well. A make-up tutorial is definitely useful for any lady 😉

7. Janine says:

Nice tips you enumerated there for eye make up tricks! I do not have eye corrector but I guess, concealer is working on me.

8. It looks that this tutorial is for women only. Nice posting this article for women readers and wants to learn more about beauty.

9. Ling says:

I have always been in awe of ladies who know how to use make up properly to highlight their best features – in many ways I am one of those who are somewhat afraid of using make up 🙂

10. Danessa Foo says:

I love the tips you shared – the one with the mirror under the face when putting on eyeliner is a good one! I used to wear Bobbi Brown but I feel that Chanel makeup suits me better somehow. But I love BB’s blushers still 😉

This really gives girls a lot of make up styles and techniques. Ladies would love learning this tips.

12. Cheryl F. says:

I’ve always wanted to have my own set of bobbi brown makeup. Such an awesome workshop. Great that this still exist despite the millions of youtube videos about makeup tutorial.

13. Sin Yee says:

Never attended any makeup workshop before. But I wish I can so that I can improve my skill too. Thanks for sharing this amazing workshop!

14. Pooja Kawatra says:

Bobbi brown has got an amazing collection of cosmetics and their shades and products are just for all the skins.

15. Wow! There is even a makeup tutorial for Make-Up For Girls With Glasses. Thanks for the tips and infor, will share with my friends who is wearing spec.

16. Erica says:

I love love love Bobbi Brown! And #5 tip wow, I’ll surely keep that in mind! Thanks.

17. Okay, so I tried the mirror under the chin tip as well, and it is sooooo much easier to put on eyeliner now! especially the pen type ones!

18. I never knew about the concealer on eyelid fact! It’s a great tip and thanks for sharing!

19. Gilian says:

This is awesome. I wish I could attend a workshop like this. 🙂

20. Janice says:

I really, really wanted to join this workshop because I wear glasses too! But oh well, I got to read your tips. They’re very, very helpful.

21. I can so much relate to your article! Been in glasses ever since. I have a hard time having my make up, since I also have an oily skin after my ChemoRad Therapy. I always love Bobbie Brown cosmetics and her books are also so awesome to read. Wish to attend make up tutorial soon.

22. Kung hindi ako naging cashier noon I really don’t know how to apply make-up. Gustong – gusto ko din ma experience ang “make-up workshop” lol. Thank you for the tips 🙂

23. I s*ck at make up! hahahaha! I learned 3 things here, the symmetry of the eyebrows & the nose, where to put the mirror when applying eyeliner and eyeglasses make some areas on the eyes even darker. hahaha. The rest, I don’t understand because I don’t know much about make up! lol!

24. such workshops are always fun to attend and especially by big brands like bobbi brown